Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation

2 posters

Go down

Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation  Empty Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation

Post by Lionel A Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:53 am

Fr.Brain Harrison is in the Fr.Leonard Feeney- St.Benedict Centers camp, in as much, that he holds the literal interprtation of the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus, as it was known for centuries.

Fr.Harrison,O.S., M.A., S.T.D and Asociate Editor of Living Tradition, Oblates of Wisdom, USA states 'we should be communicating rather more directly to our Protestant, lapsed Catholic and non-Christian brethren the unequivocal message that “Jesus Christ wants YOU to be a Roman Catholic!” If we did so rather more boldly, I suspect that the spiritual fruits would be very considerable, with a harvest of souls that would truly give glory to God.' (http://www.rtforum.org/lt/lt150.html)

So like the St.Benedict Centers, the communities of Fr.Leonard Feeney, he would say there is no baptism of desire which is an exception to the dogma but like the SBC he somehow also holds the view of the baptism of desire as being visible to us in the present times.

In potential, as a possibility, they assume that the baptism of desire is an exception to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus.

Perhaps what I say here may not be true of all the supporters of the St.Benedict Centers, or all the members of the religious community Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Some, do understand the baptism of desire as being hypothetical and so irrelevant to extra ecclesiam nulla salus.They know it has nothing to do with the dogma.

Fr.Brian Harrison does not just reject the baptism of desire as having nothing to do with the dogma. He accomodates it in intricate theology. He is using a hermeneutic of reconciling the dogma with the Letter of the Holy Office while all the time assuming that the baptism of desire is visible to us physically.This is a complicated means of trying to make sense of an irrationality.

This month in a turning point video, Michael Voris asked Fr.Jonathan Morris to name someone whom the priest knows, who does not need the Catholic Church for salvation.This was the question, that needed to be asked, proclaimed,shouted out and advertised over the last 65 years or so.

It's simple. Whom does Fr.Brian Harrison know in 2013 who could be a potential exception to being saved without being a visible member of the Catholic Church? Who does not need to enter the Church formally, can he name someone he knows ?

If Fr.Brian Harrison repsonds and says "but this is exactly what I have been saying and writing all these years " then the follow up question is:

'Then why is being saved in invincible ignorance and the baptism of desire an exception to the dogma if these cases are not visible?Why are they relevant?

If it is said that the Holy Office (1949) said this or that, then, fine!- the Holy Office made a factual mistake.-Lionel Andrades

: http://www.rtforum.org/lt/lt149.html
http://www.rtforum.org/lt/lt150.html

Lionel A

Back to top Go down

Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation  Empty Re: Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation

Post by Admin Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 am

Lionel,

The whole BoD/BoB "debate"/"debacle" is irrelevant. I pointed this out to Father Harrison in an email about a year ago right after he published his article. It's "Pascal's Wager":

1) Some "invincibly ignorant" non-baptized individual is in a state of grace via perfect charity. How are we harming that person by telling him/her, even indirectly, that they need to be sacramentally baptized and submit themselves to the Roman Pontiff?

2) Some "vincibily ignorant" individual, baptized or not, is in a state of moral sin for having refused submission to the Roman Pontiff. How are we harming that person by telling him/her, even indirectly, that they need to be sacramentally baptized and submit themselves to the Roman Pontiff?

On the other hand, what harm can we cause #1 and #2 in not telling them that "submission to the Roman Pontiff is necessary for salvation"?!

In short, we owe everyone, without exception, the Truth, as we, ourselves, could fall into judgment for not having proclaimed such.

Admin
Admin

https://eens.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation  Empty I have been communication with Fr.Brian Harrison

Post by Lionel A Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 am

I have been communication with Fr.Brian Harrison.
I had to clarify when I was referrring to physics and not theology.
He may have assumed that you were talking theology.

Lionel A

Back to top Go down

Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation  Empty Re: Fr.Brian Harrison also mistakes the baptism of desire as being an exception to the dogma on salvation

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down